Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Programme Code: PTK
- Duration: 1 Year
- Study time: Weekend
- Intake: August
A candidate is admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management Programme if he/she satisfies any one of the following conditions:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any science and arts disciplines from a recognized institution.
- International applicants must have qualifications that are recognized for University entry in their respective countries for a Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management or equivalent.
- International students will follow the University Policy for international students
- Any other qualification that may be defined by University Senate from time to time.
- Tuition Fees per Semester (East African): UGX 725,000
- Tuition Fees per Semester (Non East Africans): $400
Application and selection
|Course Code||Course Name||LH||PH||TH||CH||CU|
|YEAR ONE: SEMESTER ONE – CORE COURSES|
|PTK6101||Tourism Theories, Applications and Cases||45||–||30||60||4|
|PTK6102||Strategic Tourism Destination Planning & Mgt||45||–||30||60||4|
|PTK6103||Tourism Experiences and The Environment||30||60||–||60||4|
|PTK6104||IT Applications in Tourism||30||60||–||60||4|
|MCAR8000||Computer Applications in Research||30||60||–||60||4|
|Total Semester Load||24|
|YEAR ONE: SEMESTER TWO – CORE COURSES|
|PTK6201||Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality||45||15||15||60||4|
|PTK6202||Financial Management in Tourism and Hospitality||45||–||30||60||4|
|PTK6203||Tourism and Hospitality Economics||45||–||30||60||4|
|PTK6204||Tourism and Hospitality Law||45||–||30||60||4|
|PTK6205||Tourism Product Design and Marketing||30||60||–||60||4|
|PTK6206||Community Tourism Project||–||120||30||75||5|
|Total Semester Load||25|
|Minimum Graduation Load 49|
A graduate of PTK will enroll in a broad range of managerial and leadership roles in the Tourism and Hospitality industry, both in the public and private sectors locally and internationally.
This programme is designed for people who would wish to acquire applied managerial skills in the tourism and hospitality industry. The programme is also open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s degree, intending to achieve a Postgraduate Diploma award and to advance their professional careers.