Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Programme Code: PGDBA
- Duration: 1 Year
- Study time: Weekend
- Intake: August
This PGDBA program is recommended to the middle and high level managers with a good undergraduate degree in any field. The course is designed to provide training in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, General Management, Procurement and Logistics Management. The PGDBA program aims at developing a student's intellectual ability, executive personality and managerial skills through an appropriate blending of business and general education. The PGDBA curriculum provides students with a comprehensive management education of globally recognized best practices with flexibility of their adaptation to indigenous entrepreneurial and societal context. Curriculum of the programme ascends from general management education to specialization in diverse business fields. Core courses taught integrate information and theories from various disciplines, including communication, economics, financial accounting, quantitative methods, business strategy, marketing, finance, organizational structure and strategic management and prepare the students to think critically about business issues in order to enable them to develop strategic level understanding and demonstrate comprehension of complex theoretical constructs in the major business disciplines and technologies. The increasing competition in the business sector calls for development of a human capital base equipped with managerial competences to deal with the global trends of contemporary business. [cm_show_info] The programme integrates the academic and research rigor with professional and corporate undertakings. Students are given the opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of the conceptual and practical aspects of Business Administration, which can spearhead Organizations’ sustainability and excellence. The programme has the following objectives which are achieved by the students at the end of it that shall:
- Develop the unique leadership qualities among the young students required for successfully managing business functions, an organizational unit or an enterprise.
- Develop students into broadly educated business managers and executives who understand the nature of business as a whole, with the tools and techniques applicable to a wide variety of business situations.
- Give the students a chance to bring together all of the theories, skills and tools studied during the program and integrate them into a learning experience that highlights the nature of competition and the kind of strategic maneuvering that must be done in order to succeed.
Applicants to the Postgraduate Diploma program must meet the general requirements for admission to Graduate Programmes set by National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and Kabale University. Specially, applicants must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least lower second-class honors from a recognized institution; OR
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
- A professional qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized professional body.
- Working experience will be an added advantage.
- Tuition Fees per Semester (East African): UGX 725,000
- Tuition Fees per Semester (Non East Africans): $400
Application and selection
|YEAR ONESEMESTER ONE|
|Course Code||Course Title||LH||TH||CH||CU|
|PGDBA6114||Project Planning and Management||45||30||60||4|
|PGDBA6116||Management Information Systems||45||30||60||4|
|MCAR8000||Computer Applications in Research||45||30||60||4|
|Total Semester Load|
|YEAR ONESEMESTER TWO|
|Total Semester Load|