Master of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Programme Code: MTH
- Duration: 2 Years
- Study time: Weekend
- Intake: August
A candidate is admitted to the Master of Tourism and Hospitality Management Programme if he/she satisfies any one of the following conditions:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any science and arts disciplines from a recognized institution.
- International applicants must have qualifications that are recognized for University entry in their respective countries for a Master’s degree in Tourism management or equivalent.
- International students will follow the University Policy for international students
- Any other qualification that may be defined by University Senate from time to time.
- Credit transfer from a recognized University is acceptable in accordance with the NCHE and Kabale University regulations governing the transfer of credits.
- Tuition Fees per Semester (East African): UGX 1,325,000
- Tuition Fees per Semester (Non East Africans): $730
Application and selection
|Course Code||Course Name||LH||PH||TH||CH||CU|
|YEAR ONE: SEMESTER ONE – CORE COURSES|
|MTK8111||Tourism Theories, Applications and Cases||45||–||30||60||4|
|MTK8112||Strategic Tourism Destination Planning & Mgt||45||–||30||60||4|
|MTK8113||Tourism Experiences and The Environment||30||60||–||60||4|
|MTK8114||IT Applications in Tourism||30||60||–||60||4|
|MCAR8000||Computer Applications in Research||30||60||–||60||4|
|Total Semester Load||24|
|YEAR ONE: SEMESTER TWO – CORE COURSES|
|MTK8121||Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality||45||15||15||60||4|
|MTK8122||Financial Management in Tourism and Hospitality||45||–||30||60||4|
|MTK8123||Tourism and Hospitality Economics||45||–||30||60||4|
|MTK8124||Tourism and Hospitality Law||45||–||30||60||4|
|MTK8125||Tourism Product Design and Marketing||30||60||–||60||4|
|MTK8126||Community Tourism Project||–||120||30||75||5|
|Total Semester Load||25|
|YEAR TWO: SEMESTER ONE|
|MTK8211||Geographical Information Systems [GIS] Application in Tourism||30||60||–||60||4|
|MTK8212||Sustainable Tourism and Climate Change||45||–||30||60||4|
|MTK8213||Tourism Seminar Series||–||60||60||–||4|
|MACA8000||Scholarly Writing and Publication Skills||30||30||30||60||4|
|Total Semester Load||20|
|YEAR TWO: SEMESTER TWO|
|Total Semester Load 5||10|
|Total Graduation Load 89|
Career opportunities/ Destinations:
A graduate of MTH will enroll in a broad range of managerial and leadership roles in the Tourism and Hospitality industry, both in public and private sectors locally and internationally.
This programme is designed for people who would wish to acquire applied managerial skills in the tourism and hospitality industry. The programme is also open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s degree, intending to achieve an MTH to advance their professional careers.