Master of Institutional Governance and Leadership
- Programme Code: MIGL
- Duration: 2 Years
- Study time: Weekend
- Intake: April & August
The programme is aimed at the all-round education, acquiring academic expertise and competences that are typical of functioning in the domain of governance, leadership, administration and management in the public sector and other sectors. It is designed to enhance the skills of accomplished senior officials, who hold key positions in organizations and those aspiring to have a specialized career in public administration and Management in the context of public, private and NGO sectors. [cm_show_info] The programme aims to equip students with competencies and skills to:
- Be effective governors, leaders, administrators and managers of highly efficient organizations;
- Deal with the huddles that stand on the way of institutional efficiency;
- Engage in activities that provide a robust environment for effective oversight through strengthened systems of control and effective communication as a backbone of effective leadership, administration and management.
- Build a culture of effective performance management, reporting and accountability to multiple stakeholders
- Apply the changing paradigms in the management of public affairs especially with the new public management (NPM) and governance philosophies
Applicants to the Masters program must meet the general requirements for admission to Graduate Programmes set by National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and Kabale University. Specially, applicants must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least lower second-class honors from a recognized institution; OR
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
- A professional qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized professional body.
- Working experience will be an added advantage.
- A Postgraduate Diploma qualification will also be of advantage.
- Tuition Fees per Semester (East African): UGX 1,325,000
- Tuition Fees per Semester (Non East Africans): $730
Application and selection
|INSTITUTIONAL GOVERNANCE & LEADERSHIP|
|Year One, Semester One|
|MIGL8111||Institutional Governance & Leadership: Models, Theories & Concepts||45||00||30||60||4|
|MIGL8112||Public Administration Theory & Practice||45||00||30||60||4|
|MIGL8113||Human Resource Planning & Development||45||00||30||60||4|
|MIGL8114||Monitoring & Evaluation Theory and Practice||45||00||30||60||4|
|MCAR8000||Computer Applications in Research||45||30||00||60||4|
|Year One, Semester Two|
|MIGL8122||Managing Meetings and Reporting||45||30||–||60||4|
|MIGL8123||Institutional Policies/Public Policy Formulation and Management||45||00||30||60||4|
|MIGL8124||Public Procurement Management||30||–||30||60||4|
|MIGL8125||Project Planning & Management||45||00||30||60||4|
|MIGL8126||Financial Management and Administration||45||00||30||60||4|
|Year Two, Semester One (cores)|
|MIGL8211||Strategic Management and Leadership||45||00||30||60||4|
|MIGL8213||Resource Mobilization and Accountability||30||00||30||60||4|
|MIGL8214||Consultancy Skills Development and Management||45||00||30||60||4|
|MACA8000||Scholarly Writing and Publication Skills||45||00||30||60||4|
|MIGL8216||Board/Council Ethics and Procedures||45||00||30||60||4|
|Year Two, Semester Two (2 cores)|
|MINIMUM GRADUATION LOAD||77|