Master of Economics
- Programme Code: MEC
- Duration: 2 Years
- Study time: Weekend
- Intake: April & August
- The applicant should have an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or other related disciplines deemed to be relevant to the subject matter of Economics from a recognized institution of higher learning. Bachelor of Arts with Education holders must have majored in Economics.
- Holds a post-graduate diploma in one of the relevant fields listed in (a) above.
- Those with professional qualifications like ACCA, CIMA, CIPS, etc. may be admitted if they are cleared by the National Council for Higher Education that their qualifications are equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Tuition Fees per Semester (East African): UGX 1,325,000
- Tuition Fees per Semester (Non East Africans): $730
Application and selection
|Course Code||Course Title||LH||TH||PH||CH||CU|
|Year 1 Semester 1|
|MCAR8000||Computer Applications in Research||45||00||60||75||5|
|Total Semester Load||22|
|Year 1 Semester II|
|ECO8203||Development and Transitional Economics||45||30||00||60||4|
|ECO8205||Policy Analysis & Economic Management||45||30||00||60||4|
|MACA8000||Scholarly Writing and Publication Skills||45||30||00||60||4|
|Total Semester Load||25|
|Year II Semester I|
|ECO8301||Public Sector Economics||45||30||00||60||4|
|ECO8302||Resource and Environmental Economics||45||30||00||60||4|
|Electives (Select any two)|
|ECO8306||Corporate Finance and Investment||45||30||00||60||4|
|Total Semester Load||16|
|Year II Semester II (Core Course)|
|Total Semester Load||05|
|Total Programme Load||68|
This programme is intended for qualified bachelors and post graduate diploma holders in the fields of economics, education, commerce, banking, business administration and finance, energy management and governance from recognized institutions of higher learning. These may wish to build a career in economics as researchers, consultants, scholars, among others.