Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Public Administration and Management (By Research)
- Programme Code: PHDPAM- R
- Duration: 3 Years
- Study time: Weekend
- Intake: April & August
- To provide advanced academic training in Governance, Public Administration and Management in order to enlarge academic knowledge in these fields.
- To provide students with hands-on and advanced research skills in the field of public administration and management.
- To enable students apply the theoretical and practical knowledge of public administration and management.
- To produce a public administrator with ethical values and competencies that fulfill the mission and Vision of Kabale University thereby enabling them to contribute to national and international public administration development covenants.
Applicants to the PhD programmes must meet the general requirements for admission to Graduate Programmes set by National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and Kabale University. Specially, applicants must possess the following:
An admissible applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related programmes or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution of higher learning
- Master’s in business related programmes degree from a recognized university and/or institution of higher learning in a field relevant to the research areas (themes)/area of study
- Prior Learning in relevant field that is equivalent to the qualification that is to be pursued. For Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), a prospective candidate shall first get clearance from NCHE to be eligible for admission
- Present a concept note of the intended research area but in line with the research themes of the PhD in Business Administration programme at least 2 pages and not be more than 10 pages, double-spaced.
- Tuition Fees per Semester (East African): UGX 3,000,000
- Tuition Fees per Semester (Non East Africans): $2000
Application and selection
|YEAR ONE, SEMESTER ONE|
|PAM9102||Philosophy of Science||Seminar||60 HRS|
|PAM9104||Advanced Research Methods||Workshops||60 HRS|
|PAM9105||Institutional Pedagogy||Seminar/Workshop||60 HRS|
|PAM9201||Academic Scholarly Writing and Publication Skills||Seminar||60 HRS|
|PAM9202||Computer Applications in Research||Seminar/Workshop||60 HRS|
|YEAR ONE, SEMESTER TWO|
|PAM9106||Seminar Series||Seminar/Workshop||60 HRS|
|YEAR TWO & THREE|
|PAM 9301||Doctoral Research Seminars (Proposal Development)|
|PAM 9302||Thesis Writing|
Our graduates will play a key role in achieving Vision 2040 which is conceptualized around strengthening the fundamentals of the national economy to harness the opportunities around the country as academicians, consultants, managers of financial institutions, policy makers in government ministries and Civil Society Organizations, business and economic analysts, legislators, commissioners from various regional economic and political blocks, as well as entrepreneurs and investment advisors.