Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration (By Coursework and Research)
- Programme Code: PHDBA-CW&R
- Duration: 3 Years
- Study time: Weekend
- Intake: April & August
- To provide advanced knowledge and theory in Business Administration.
- To enhance learners’ capacity for participation in, and application of theory and practice of business administration in social and economic development.
- To impart research and innovation skills to learners to meet the ever-increasing demands of the 21st Century industry and business environment.
- To impart critical thinking and analytical skills for effective and efficient decision making.
Applicants to the PhD programmes must meet the general requirements for admission to Graduate Programmes set by National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and Kabale University. Specially, applicants must possess the following:
An admissible applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree from a recognized University and/or Institution of Higher Learning in a field relevant to Business Administration.
- Any other Master’s degree that may not be relevant but the applicant must have evidence of published materials relevant or related to the field.
- Evidence of Recognition of Prior Learning that is equivalent to the qualification that is to be pursued. For Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), a prospective candidate shall first get clearance from NCHE to be eligible for admission.
- An application letter.
- A detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Three recommendation letters signed at least by two academics at a PhD level or higher, and one professional referee.
- A Concept Paper should be at least 2 pages and not be more than 10 pages, double-spaced.
- Tuition Fees per Semester (East African): UGX 4,000,000
- Tuition Fees per Semester (Non East Africans): $2500
Application and selection
|YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1|
|Code||COURSE UNIT / MODULE||LH||PH||CH||CU|
|PBA 9102||Advanced Research Methods||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 9103||Philosophy of Science||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 9104||Institutional Pedagogy||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 9109||Computer Applications in data analysis||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 9110||Scholarly Writing and Publication Skills||45||30||60||4|
|YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2|
|PBA 9106||Corporate Management||30||30||45||3|
|PBA 9101||Human Resource Management & Development||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 9107||Organizational Behaviour& Dynamics||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 9108||Economic Policy Analysis||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 9105||Seminar Series||75||5|
|YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1 (Human Resource Management option)|
|PBA 91011||Strategic Planning and Management||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 91012||Human Resource Management||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 91013||Performance Management||45||30||60||4|
|YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1 (Finance Option)|
|PBA 91114||Theory of Finance||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 91115||Financial Markets and Intermediaries||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 91116||International Finance and Investment||45||30||60||4|
|YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1 (Strategic Management Option)|
|PBA 91117||Strategic Management||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 91118||Global Business Strategy||45||30||60||4|
|PBA 91119||Business Venture Creation||45||30||60||4|
|YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1 (Entrepreneurship and Innovations Option)|
|PBA91121||Entrepreneurship Development and Training||45||30||60||4|
|PBA91122||Business ideation and innovation||45||30||60||4|
|YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1 (Procurement and Supply Chain Management Option)|
|PBA91123||Legal Frame work of procurement contract management||45||30||60||4|
|PBA91224||e-Procurement and e-Supply Chain||45||30||60||4|
|PBA91225||Supply Chain Management||45||30||60||4|
|YEAR 2 SEMESTER 1 (Accounting &Finance Option)|
|YEAR TWO SEMESTER 2|
|PBA 91226||Proposal and Thesis writing|
Our graduates will play a key role in achieving Vision 2040 which is conceptualized around strengthening the fundamentals of the national economy to harness the opportunities around the country as academicians, consultants, managers of financial institutions, policy makers in government ministries and Civil Society Organizations, business and economic analysts, legislators, commissioners from various regional economic and political blocks, as well as entrepreneurs and investment advisors.